We hope everyone is holding up well during this pandemic.
With our work-from-home schedules, we’ve found a bit of extra time to experiment with different recipes when it comes to home cooking. As we step into the third month of social distancing, we’d thought we’d share some of these recipes to brighten up the mood.
That, and perhaps we could take a break and tell some non-surgical stories. Enjoy!
Sweet and sour braised ribs in black vinegar
- Pork spare ribs ~700g
- Soy sauce 4 teaspoons
- Cornstarch 2 teaspoons
- Black vinegar 120mL *
- Rock sugar ~2 tablespoons *
- Oyster sauce ½ tablespoon
- Boiling water ~300mL (or as much needed to submerge all ribs)
- Oil 3 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds 1 tablespoon
- Green onion (roughly chopped) x1
1) Cut ribs up along the bone, transfer to a large bowl.
2) Marinate ribs with cornstarch and soy sauce for 20 minutes.
3) Heat up a pan to medium heat, pour oil in.
4) Put ribs in one by one; sear both sides until golden brown.
5) Pour in black vinegar, oyster sauce, rock sugar, and boiling water.
6) Turn heat down to low, cover the pan and simmer for 40 minutes.
7) If sauce is still runny, remove the lid and reduce the sauce until it has a syrupy consistency.
8) Top with green onions and sesame seeds, serve with rice.
Stay safe, stay strong.
The TVASurg team