- The patient is a 40 year old female, with a known BRCA1 mutation, presenting for prophylactic laparoscopic bilateral salpingio-oophrectomy (BSO).
- The main 10mm camera port was placed at the umbilicus. Two 5-mm accessory ports were placed on the right side and one on the left lower quadrant.
- The initial step is identifying the right ureter.
- Next, the round ligament, infundibulopelvic ligament (IP), and external iliac vessels will be identified in order to delineate the avascular triangle on the right.
- A window is made in the avascular triangle in order to isolate the infundibulopelvic ligament (IP) away from the ureter.
- The utero-ovarian ligaments, proximal fallopian tubes, and infundibulopelvic ligaments (IP) will be divided on both sides.
- The same procedure is repeated on the left side.
- The specimens will be extracted through the umbilical port.