- The patient is a 67-year-old male with colorectal liver metastases in the left lobe.
- Several benign cysts are also found in the liver.
- Because the tumour is located close to the left hepatic vein, a formal resection of segments 2 and 3 will be planned. A laparoscopic approach is used for this operation.
- The Pringle maneuver will be used during transection to reduce potential blood loss. The Rommel clamp is applied for 20 minutes, with 5-minutes clamp-free intervals in between.
- The transection plane will divide the segment 3 pedicle, the segment 2 pedicle, and the left hepatic vein.