- The patient was a 57 year old man with a hepatocellular carcinoma, found in the segment 6/7 liver.
- He has been previously diagnosed with a chronic HBV infection, has liver cirrhosis with a Child score A, and no portal hypertension
- A laparoscopic segment 6/7 sectionectomy was planned, using an ultrasound dissector as well as the Pringle maneuver to occlude portal and hepatic artery inflow.
- The Pringle maneuver is used throughout the transection phase, with a maximum duration of 20 minutes, followed by a 5-minute interval of reperfusion.
- The transection plane deviates slightly lateral in segment 7. This is done to maximize functional liver remnant, due to the degree of cirrhosis.