- Roux-en-Y hepaticojejunostomy technique is a commonly performed during biliary reconstruction.
- The roux limb will be created by dividing the jejunum about 15-20 cm downstream from the Ligament of Trietz.
- A distance of 40 cm will be measured distal to the efferent cut end and the afferent limb will be anastomosed at this point.
- The efferent limb or the roux limb will be brought up in a retrocolic and retrogastric route and anastomosed to the common hepatic duct.
- The anastomosis will be performed with interrupted sutures with knots tied on the inside for the posterior wall and with knots tied on the outside for the anterior wall.