- The patient was a 32-year-old female with a low density lesion in the region of the 2nd and 3rd portion of the duodenum.
- The cyst had a very well defined margin and lied within the lumen of the duodenum and was located very closely to the distal end of the common bile duct. The common bile duct was not obstructed and the pancreatic duct was not dilated.
- A transduodenal resection followed by marsupialization of the cyst was planned.
- After the cyst was excised, the cut edges of the cyst was sutured to the duodenum mucosa forming a continuous surface.
- The longitudinal duodenotomy was closed after inspection of the reconstructed duodenal backwall and the patency of the bile duct and pancreatic duct.