If you love TVASURG VIDEOS, support YOUR ATLAS
WAYS TO SUPPORT YOUR ATLAS
- Monthly contribution through Patreon. Patreon is a crowdfunding platform that enables our subscribers to support our surgical video production.
- One time donation through UHN Foundation. University Health Network Foundation is our hospital fundraising platform. Tax receipts will be provided.
WHY YOUR ATLAS NEEDS HELP
The Atlas is currently supported by philanthropy, with a limited timeframe, on a cost-recovery basis. While this has helped us create a sizeable roster of videos, with the help of your donations, we would be able to:
- Keep the Atlas free for surgical trainees everywhere
- Produce content beyond our one-video-per-month release schedule
- Expand the Atlas to cover different surgical specialties, especially those that are typically underfunded
- Provide more patient friendly resources to help them understand their surgeries
- Dedicate time and energy to explore different technologies in surgical education
HOW THE FUNDS WILL BE USED:
Most of the funds would be distributed to production work, by supporting our team of specialists who are responsible for everything from writing the narrative script, filming and editing the surgical footage, creating custom, patient-specific computer models and animations, as well as website maintenance and social media marketing.
A portion of the funds would also help us to bring cutting edge technology to be used in open access surgical education resources. As part of our commitment to help surgeons teach surgeons, we have conducted experiments in photogrammetry, as well as virtual reality. We document our findings and results in our monthly blog posts from the experiments we can squeeze in, but further funding is needed to help translate these results into practical, scalable modules that can be used in a clinical setting.