Laparoscopic SEGMENT 5 TUMORECTOMY
With ultrasonic dissection and Pringle maneuver
00:16 Surgical Plan
03:44 Segment 5 tumorectomy
- The patient is 39 years old, with a benign hepatic adenoma found on the underside of the segment 5 liver.
- A segment 6/7 resection was ruled unnecessary due to the benign nature of the tumor.
- A laparoscopic segment 5 tumorectomy was planned, using an ultrasound dissector as well as the Pringle maneuver to occlude portal and hepatic artery inflow.
- The Pringle maneuver is used throughout the transection phase, with a maximum duration of 20 minutes, followed by a 5-minute interval of reperfusion.
- The ultrasonic dissector was used to carefully skeletonize the segment 6 hepatic artery, preserving it while the tumor was dissected and removed.
MRI scans (arterial)
MRI scans (venous)