Transesophageal Echocardiography Exam Study Notes
Annette Vegas MD, FRCPC, FASE
Preparing for an exam is never fun. For some it is challenging just to get started, for others it is trying to figure out where to start.
This compact 5”x7” pocket-sized spiral-bound book will help you get started and stay on track. Written by an anesthesiologist it is based on current worldwide guidelines for the practice of TEE and provides an up-to-date brief review of common exam topics for TEE.
Educational material is condensed into 180 pages divided into 20 bite sized chapters. There are few actual TEE images just an abundance of over 275 line drawings that complement the text. The goal is to help you better understand key concepts and not just memorize TEE images. It offers a sturdy framework on which to build and collect your thoughts.
Table of Contents
- TEE Indications, Contraindications, Safety
- Physics, Transducers and Instrumentation
- Ultrasound Doppler
- Basic TEE and Doppler Views
- Artifacts and Pitfalls
- Global LV Systolic Function
- Right Ventricle
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Aortic Valve, Stenosis and Insufficiency
- Mitral Valve, Regurgitation and Stenosis
- Tricuspid and Pulmonic Valves
- Prosthetic Valves and Valve Repairs
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Cardiac Masses and Endocarditis
- 3D TEE